May 26, 2010

{strawberry limeade}


Okay, I realize this beverage is not entirely a locavore recipe. We splurged and bought limes to make margaritas the other week and I had some leftover that needed to be used soon. On Tuesday I picked up some deliciously fresh strawberries, so I chose to pair the two and create this refreshing drink. I absolutely loved the color and the flavor was incredible. So light and refreshing. Now, it wouldn't be us if I didn't add a little rum to the mix! It is perfect on its own if you would rather have it non-alcoholic, but the rum doesn't hurt. It also would have been just fine to leave out the limes or exchange them for lemons. As long as you've got strawberries, you can't go wrong.

Recipe after the jump

{strawberry limeade}

ingredients

2 cups of fresh whole strawberries
the juice of 2 limes
3 cups of water
1/4 cup of agave nectar
1 shot of rum (or vodka or tequila, all would be great!)

directions

Remove the tops of the strawberries and give them a good rinse to remove any loose dirt. Place all of the ingredients into a blender and puree everything together. The strawberries I had were nice and sweet so I didn't need too much agave nectar, but feel free to add more if you prefer it to be sweeter.

Pour into a highball glass along with the rum and several ice cubes. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis